Thursday, February 23, 2012

 

Gas Prices Soaring - Don't Blame Obama



I took the picture with my cell phone on Nov. 1, 2008 in Loveland, OH, a Cincinnati suburb, a few days before Obama was elected. Unleaded regular for $1.94 a gallon. Prices are nearly double that now. Some places in Florida, they're paying nearly $6 a gallon.

Of course, none of this has any relation to Obama's performance as president. It's not like he nixed the Keystone pipeline from Canada which would have brought us cheap, ethical gas. It's not like he's been slow walking drilling permits which also kills jobs. It's not like he appointed an Energy Secretary who said, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

I'm sure he'll figure all this out, as soon as Michelle gets back for one of her 16 vacations. The price of gas sure isn't hurting their lifestyle. In the meantime, I can forget about paying the balance of my son's college education, or saving for my daughter's college expenses, or replacing my car that has nearly 400,000 miles on it, or....

Think I'll go eat some cake.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]