Saturday, July 30, 2011
Americathon, Here We Come
Some of the predictions of the movie (via Wikipedia):
Yep. America has become a B grade comedy. Instapundit often says that Jimmy Carter is a best case scenario for the Obama administration. We've fallen below that and are at the John Ritter level currently.
- The People's Republic of China embracing capitalism and becoming a global economic superpower.
- Nike becoming a huge multinational conglomerate (In 1979, their "Tailwind" running shoe was just starting to gain popularity).
- The collapse of the USSR. (How many of you under 30 know what the USSR was?)
- Jogging suits becoming fashionable as "casual wear".
- Reality television reaching absurd limits.
- An America with a devalued dollar and heavily in debt to foreign lenders.
- Network television dealing with previously taboo subjects accepted as normal.
- Smoking being banned.
- A great increase in homelessness (Homes are cheap now, but high unemployment has depleted the buyer pool.)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]