Monday, August 02, 2010

 

Birds in My Belfry



OK, not really in my belfry, just on the rafter on my rear deck.

I've always enjoyed watching little birds hatch and grow. This year I received a special gift when a bird built a nest and laid eggs under my deck's roof. Three little things. I could have reached up and touched them if I wanted. Instead I held my camera 3 feet from them and took some pictures to share.

I was surprised how quickly they grew. It seems they went for hatching to flying in about 3 weeks. The nest was right above where I kept my gas grill. I moved the grill so when I grilled I wouldn't over heat the chicks and kill them. Fortunately, they all grew to be able to fly away.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]