Saturday, May 02, 2009

 

Ford Doing It Right

Having posted about GM and Chrysler, I went to buy new tires for my truck. Waiting for my tires to be mounted I picked up a Car and Driver magazine. Inside an article compared the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Camry Hybrid, Altima Hybrid, and Malibu Hybrid.

Had I been asked to guess, I would have picked the Camry to be ranked best. I would have been wrong. The Ford Fusion, made by the only major American auto manufacturer not asking for a bailout, earned top honors. How'd the Malibu do? 4th of 4.

The verdicts on the Fusion and Malibu:

Malibu - "With this halfhearted hybrid, GM lays down another bunt." The Malibu gets such poor gas mileage that it's no better than my old Camry.

Fusion - "Ford hits one over the fence and into the ionosphere." High praise from a tough audience.

GM and Chrysler need to learn something from Ford.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]