Saturday, November 15, 2008

 

Football: First Round Playoff Victory

Showing dominate defense and fast hitting offense, my son's high school team roared to a 68-12 victory in their first round playoff game. My son started a defensive tackle.

He surprised me by making a play he made almost routinely in 7th, 8th and 9th grade ball. On the first play of the game, he shot the gap between the center and guard and tackled the opposing running back behind the line of scrimmage. He looked quicker off the line than ever before this season.

I take this as a sign that he is getting close to 100% in shape after missing pre-season conditioning and the first part of the season due to an injury he received last May. After the first defensive series of 3 plays, he sat out a couple of series and played the rest of the game at offensive tackle until the final couple of minutes. Clearly, it was his best game of the season. He's definitely back.

The team's leading running back had 212 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns by half-time. The speed differential between the two teams provided the winning edge. His team has speed at every position. The lineman, other than my son and one other sophomore, tend to be small for their position but they are fast and quick. My son if faster and quicker than most his size.

As I've probably said before, this team is a great bunch of guys. A group whom which I'm proud my son is a member. The coaches have done a tremendous job, also. Before the season started, there were numerous questions about this teams potential. They have surpassed everyone's expectations and are still going.

Go Royals!!


Comments:
Holy crap, what a great game! I don't know from whence you hail, but wherever it is you guys are gonna benefit from Glenville having benched 29 players.
 
My son actually plays at Mason County High School in Kentucky. I live in Ohio, right across the river from Maysville.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]