Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 

Microsoft Flops and Loses 7% of the Browser Market in Last 12 Months - Vista Still Only Used by Less Than 15% of all Users, per Janco

Microsoft Flops and Loses 7% of the Browser Market in Last 12 Months - Vista Still Only Used by Less Than 15% of all Users, per Janco

As long as Microsoft keeps making software that is less functional that previous versions, they can expect a continued downslide. I switched to Firefox after IE 7 came out and gave me problems. I never saw a reason to try IE 7 again.

I have VISTA on my new computer but find it much more awkward to use than Windows XP and would go back to Windows XP is I wasn't so lazy. At my work virtually everyone has a computer on their desk (200-300 computers, maybe more). They all run XP except for an occasional Mac or Unix based machine.

Comments:
I hate Microsoft. The genuine advantage bullcrap, and the "advent" of Service Pack 3 have screwed my computer up royally. I have had my copy of Windows XP Professional for going on 6 years, and now Microsoft sees it as an illegal copy, per the additions above. I can't update, download, you name it - anything from Microsoft. Windows explorer does not function. And of course, unless you are using a Microsoft browser, you cannot download from Windows Update web site. My Firefox, however, runs beautifully, as always.

I may go Mac next time. I am, in the meantime finding out all I can about the different Linux derivatives, to see what is available software wise. If i can do all i wish to do with a PC clone WITHOUT and Microsoft products, I'll go that way for sure.

I could spew for hours about the troubled Microsoft has been to me since Windows 95 came out, and every op-sys they've produced since. Just thinking about it leaves me needing a Bud. Sorry for the rant.
 
I'm thinking Mac for next time also. I have a friend who uses Linux and is quite happy with it. But he's a network engineer anyway. His computer can boot up in Windows or Linux in case he needs to use a Windows app.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]