Saturday, July 19, 2008

 

The Only Wine List You'll Ever Need

jau at just muttering posted about a wine library this morning. She mentions a $4 wine called Big Moose Red. Personally, I've had it with these expensive, over-priced wines.

A few years ago, a co-worker found the only wine list you'll ever need, BumWine.com. I guarantee you won't pay $4 for any of these fine wines: Cisco, MD 20/20, Night Train Express, Thunderbird and, the ever delicious, Wild Irish Rose.

At work, we gave our boss a "sampler" of these fine wines. We pitched in $1.25 a piece, wrapped the wines in a coat box and there you go, a fine wine sampler with full size bottles. Unfortunately, we ended up helping him consume the wine.

Night Train Express was the only wine we had trouble finding, which you can reasonably expect with rare, fine wines. I called and visited 15-20 liquor stores before I found the exquisite nectar of the gods. The proprietor of the store complimented my taste in wine and that I had had a bath that day.

Sure you can pay $4 for some over-priced Big Moose Red. But, why bother when you can drink the finest for as little as $1.99.

Comments:
I got a good laugh out of the wine library list. And yours. Oh, but you are a hillbilly, I forgot. :-)

When I was newly married and gainfully employed we lived in California and had access to lots of winery areas. We took classes and attended wine events and developed a taste for nice wine (though not as nice as that listed in the wine library). Ahh, those were different days...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]