Friday, June 20, 2008

 

Cicadas and a Winery



The cicadas hit southern Ohio hard this year. On the radio I heard it was one of the hardest hit areas in the country. The picture above a a pile of dead cicadas at the base of a tree in my yard.



Signs for this winery popped up sometime during the last 2-3 years on I-75 about 25 miles south of Lexington, KY. We pass it whenever we drive to Knoxville to visit family. My son and I have decided this is the least imaginative name for a winery we've ever come across. It's the equivalent of "Square Floor Space Office Building." Maybe the owners don't have a cool name like Gallo or Mondavi, but Smith or Jones.

My son took this picture with my cell phone as we drove by. Not bad.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]