Friday, May 16, 2008

 

She Shot a Hole in My Soul - Clifford Curry

Seems a lot of people are posting old favorite songs. Here's one that was big my sophomore year in high school. Clifford Curry was a Knoxvillian so we felt a special connection. I remember riding with a group of buddies in a car and we all sang along at the top of our voices to this song while it played on the radio. It's rare when I mention this song to anyone outside of Knoxville that they recognize it.



During my high school days, soul music was my favorite genre. Otis Redding, Wilson Picket, Sam and Dave, Clarence Carter, The Temptations, The Isley Brothers, Smokey Robinson, Aretha Franklin, The Supremes, Ray Charles, Little Richard, Percy Sledge and a host of others touched my soul with the deep emotion of their voices. I still love them except for the Supremes.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]