Saturday, February 09, 2008

 

Pimpin'

The Anchoress makes a good case when she talks about Hillary's righteous anger concerning David Schuster's comment about Chelsea. I do agree that it was rude, crass and uncalled for. Anyone with half a heart would feel a certain pity towards Chelsea. I mean, Gawd, look who her parents are.

Mostly I'm with Sister Toldjah on this one.
I wonder when MSNBC will get around to scolding Shuster’s idol Keith Olbermann about the tawdry insinuations he made about the Bush twins back in November 2006:
Oh, wait, Chelsea's parents are liberals. Never mind.

UPDATE: MORE PIMPIN' with Olbemann plus Extreme Mortman.

Comments:
From just the text provided by the good sister, Olbermann appeared to be citing actual reports, not making tawdry insinuations. There is a huge difference in the English language between saying "mama pimped out her baby girl" and "somebody told me those two chicks were wild and crazy at their birthday last night."

But Shuster is also young, and pimpin' means something different to our group of folk than it does to others. It would be completely turned on its ear if Chelsea showed up in a giant purple hat, bell-bottoms and bling-bling to the next campaign event...but then again, she wasn't an LSU undergrad so it may be tough to pull off.
 
My 11 year old daughter uses "pimpin" all the time. When she dresses up she'll say, "I'm pimpin', aren't I?"

I'll admit, I just liked the swipe at Olbermann. He's as big a blowhard as any of the conservative guys. But, I do feel this was blown out of proportion. Much worse has been said about others on both sides of the aisle. A commenter somewhere I read wondered what Monica's dad thought about all this.
 
I think that this was blown way out of proportion too.

Incidentally, I'm finally back!

Check out my blog... I updated the blogroll... some good stuff coming up!

Hope you are doing well DADvocate.

Lindsey
 
Welcome back!!

I noticed you have four blogs. Two are misguided. Makes me wonder if you got lost on your "Journey Home and Beyond." :-)

I'll put you back on my blogroll. I lost all my links one day messing around with the template.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]