Wednesday, December 26, 2007

 

It's Always All About the Women.

USA Today published this story, Designers push to make cities more female-friendly.
Chunks of the sidewalk behind the 16th Police District building off Lancaster Avenue are so torn up that mothers pushing strollers and women in wheelchairs can't negotiate the jumbled concrete slabs without venturing into the street.

Many then must climb a flight of stairs to get to the front door of the old row houses in west Philadelphia. If kitchens are on the second floor, they lug groceries, canes or strollers up another flight of stairs. All along the way, they fear crime.

"There are some areas that aren't well lit at all," says Blaine Straub, 25, who lives near Lancaster Avenue and had to get around in a wheelchair after she broke her ankle in October. "That's a little intimidating."
Do men not face these same obstacles? Does the sidewalk suddenly become smooth when a man comes along? Do stairs turn into escalators for men? Are men able to see in the dark?

Another chapter in the never ending story of female victimhood.

Comments:
Here's the answer to your questions: women are physically afraid of criminals. Which can be broken down to: women are weaker than criminals and criminals, being stronger than women, are therefore men. Men are not weaker than criminals (since they are criminals) and therefore have no reason to be fearful.
 
I understand the being afraid of criminals but what about the sidewalks, etc? I pushed my kids more than their mother did. Plus plenty of men are physically afraid of criminals.

Who are the victims of criminals? In 2005, for every 16.6 female victims there were 25.6 male victims. Big difference.

And then there's this: "According to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports, most murder victims were male, 79% in 2005." 4 men murdered for every female murdered. Bigger difference.

You use the typical emotional reasoning seen so often in women's issues. "I'm scared." And everyone goes, "Oh, you poor dear."

Men are not weaker than criminals (since they are criminals) and therefore have no reason to be fearful.

This is crap. Most violent criminals are men but if you read the newspaper, watch the news or check out CNN.com and FoxNews.com, you'll find plenty of female criminals. Here's one.

Few men can confidently walk the streets believing they are bigger and stronger than almost any criminal they may encounter. I'm a big guy, pretty strong and used to be quite athletic. But, I knew plenty of guys bigger and stronger.

Now, at age 56, I can still do over 40 push ups but my 14 year old is stronger than I. How confident do I feel when I see a group of unruly youngsters on the street? Moderately at best.

Stand outside your own female psyche and try to see the world through a man's world. Your comments are grossly simplistic and demeaning. Unfortunately, those words probably reflect the thoughts of too many others.
 
I should have been more clear--sorry. I meant that what I wrote were the sexist assumptions behind the article. Sexist assumptions that I DO NOT agree with.

My son, whom I love to pieces, will be a man one day. I want him to be able to be proud of being male (one of the many reasons I homeschool--to keep him out of the feminized public school system).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]