Thursday, November 15, 2007

 

Read Your Bumper Sticker!!

After dropping my son off at school this morning, I waited at the traffic light to pull out from the school's drive. When the light turned green I began pulling out to turn left. I noticed a red car coming from my right that did not appear to be slowing.

The lady in the car appeared clueless that the light was red. I honked my horn for a good 3-4 seconds to try to give her a clue. The usual speed limit on the highway in front of the school is 45 mph. During the school morning and afternoon, it is 25 mph. This lady was going closer to 45 than 25.

Being a small town with only one public high school, everyone knows there is a traffic light in front of the high school. With the flashing lights and increased traffic with lots of school buses, speeding through the school zone and running the red light is blatant carelessness.

After she passed I pulled out behind her. The bumper sticker on the back of her car read, "I Care About Kids." Obviously an empty sentiment.

Comments:
We have a lot of problems with speeders on our street. Surprisingly enough, the problem is not teenagers, nor jerks in beemers or other high-priced cars. The speeders are overwhelmingly Moms in minivans. Usually completely oblivious to the world around them as theyutk rocket down a residential street with a cell phone glued to their ear.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]