Thursday, October 11, 2007

 

Finally, What the Left Wants!!

I came across this today at one of the more vitriolic, hate filled, Lefty blogs.
The left generally seeks a society with widespread middle class prosperity, where all people have access to the good life, defined as having roughly these things:

* Decent housing with some privacy.
* Education.
* Useful employment with a fair wage.
* Health care.
* Enough free time to pursue some pleasures in life and have a family life.
* The ability to retire.
* The right to free and equal participation in society.
* The right to self-determination.
Actually, it is quite nice but the context is that conservatives are against all those things. I thought I better clear a few things up.

Decent housing with some privacy. - I prefer complete privacy. Police going up and down the streets with thermal imaging and listening devices is unacceptable, as are peeping Toms.
Education. - And not indoctrination.
Useful employment with a fair wage. - How is a "fair wage" determined? If you don't think your wages are fair, you can always find another job. Get a better "education" if needed.
Health care. - I am all for paying for the health care of everyone providing they are Christian Scientists or are willing to accept treatment from an aboriginal shaman.
Enough free time to pursue some pleasures in life and have a family life. - It's time to stop pursuing pleasures and have a little fun.
The ability to retire. - I retire every night around 10:30 - 11:00 PM.
The right to free and equal participation in society. - What the hell does this even mean? Most people don't want to participate anyway. They'd rather be watching "Dancing with the Stars" or some other drivel. Plus, if we're going to have "free and equal", someone needs to be buying me a new computer and a flat screen TV real soon.
The right to self-determination. - Does this include the right to determine who provides you health care coverage, medical treatment, etc? Just asking.

I especially love the T-shirt ad that says "When you are right you cannot be too radical." Dangerous philosophy. It's too easy for many to believe they are "right." The most murderous regimes of the 20th century originated as left wing movements, Nazis, Stalin, Mao, and so on.

Comments:
Dunno so much that they think this is what conservatives are against... as much as they think that this is what the government should provide while a conservative is more likely to think that these are things the government shouldn't get in the way of. At least that'd be my take...

oh yeah, I think I found you through Dr. Helen or InstaPundit... some time back, but have just been lurkin...
 
Concerning your last paragraph of this particular thread - yeah, but we're not like "THAT".

Most people totally absorbed in their movement think the same way, I feel.

As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Hope you are well.
 
Most people totally absorbed in their movement think the same way, I feel.

As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.


Very true. I'm feeling great. My kids keep me very busy this time of year.

Hope you're doing well also.

d - thanks for stopping by.
 
my favorite tee-shirt so far:

HELP, I'M TALKING AND I CAN'T SHUTUP!
 
My favorite was my daughter's when she was little, it was Deborah running to the battle! I almost named her Deborah!
HI NANC! Have you been hiding bloggers again? I think you squirrel them away for a rainy day...;)
Thanks for popping by my humble abode dadvocate.

tmw
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]