Saturday, September 08, 2007

 

Lefty Student Cries Because Conservatives Might Act Like Them

GoldnI says,
And finally...let's be honest here. What conservative students want is not free speech, it's not "ideological diversity." If given the opportunity, they'd take control of the campus discourse and use it to drown out liberal voices.

So, I really don't have sympathy for them. It's hard to be a liberal in the South with people trying to shout you down all the time, but I understand that it's my burden to bear.
Boo hoo.

In other words she afraid conservative might behave as liberals in charge of colleges and universities do.

I chose three easy links to find. Examples of liberal bias in education are too numerous to list here.

Comments:
Are there any college students anywhere dedicated to real free speech and ideological diversity? I'd say everybody just wants their own echo chamber.

Back in the day, I was one of the folks who always complained about the bands I liked not getting written up in the local entertainment weekly. I complained about the injustice for six of my seven years in Athens. During year seven, I started reviewing the groups myself and sending the pieces to the weekly. Guess what? Published. How hard was that, really?

America is like Fight Club: you determine your own level of involvement. If anyone is silencing you, really, that means you're doing it wrong.
 
I'd say everybody just wants their own echo chamber.

Amen, brother. :-)

I went to U.T. from 1969 to 1976 (B.A.) and 1979-1980 (M.S.). It was fairly liberal back then. Lots of Vietnam War protests. I participated in some. The only time I saw a liberal shouted down was by other liberals when they wisely realized that the speaker's urging to go and take over the ROTC Armory was very, very stupid.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]