Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

Football: A Good Start

The varsity at my son's high school, Mason County High School in Kentucky, won their season opening football game yesterday 27-7. (Scroll down) The highlights were a stingy defense, good kicking by the twin girls, and a 174 yards on 24 carries by the running back, Jeremy Thompson. The kid can run. He reminded me a little of Barry Sanders, quick feet, changes direction in a heartbeat and strong.

As a freshman, my son got to dress out but, as expected, didn't play. An interesting side note my son told me - there are four sets of of twins on the team. That's more twins that were in my entire high school when I was in school. I wonder if there is something in the water here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]