Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Makin' Bacon Crime

G M Roper points out that mixing the Koran and bacon is apparently a hate crime in Clarksville, TN. Someone left a Koran with bacon smeared on it at the steps of a mosque.

Obviously this was meant to offend the Muslims. But some freedoms, including freedom of speech, are more important that not being offended. I have found no significant that a great deal of the Muslim world worries about offending others.

This is a religion in which rewards are offered for the murder of those that write against it or draw cartoons offensive to it. A religion in whose name thousands, maybe millions, of innocents have died by bombings and other terrorist actions. A religion that makes the actions of the Catholic based Irish Republican Army look almost insignificant.

G M Roper does provide an example here of some Muslims that wish to live in peace with Jewish neighbors. Unfortunately, it is also an example of how some Muslims wish to kill all Jews.

As for books, Koran, Bible, Bhagavad Gita, etc., here is a story that expresses my feelings.
The Zen master Mu-nan had only one successor. His name was Shoju. After Shoju had completed his study of Zen, Mu-nan called him into his room. "I am getting old," he said, "and as far as I know, Shoju, you are the only one who will carry on this teaching. Here is a book. It has been passed down from master to master for seven generations. I have also added many points according to my understanding. The book is very valuable, and I am giving it to you to represent your successorhip."

"If the book is such an important thing, you had better keep it," Shoju replied. "I received your Zen without writing and am satisfied with it as it is."

"I know that," said Mu-nan. "Even so, this work has been carried from master to master for seven generations, so you may keep it as a symbol of having received the teaching. Here."

They happened to be talking before a brazier. The instant Shoju felt the book in his hands he thrust it into the flaming coals. He had no lust for possessions.

Mu-nan, who never had been angry before, yelled: "What are you doing!"

Shoju shouted back: "What are you saying!"
"Peaceful" Muslims and C.A.I.R. would be much better off convincing their less peaceful brethren to change their ways than claiming to be offended by every little thing. Otherwise, their disingenuousness shines through.

Comments:
In America, there is no right not to be offended. Muslims need to "get with the program."
 
Please, if I left a Bible smeared with poo on the Church they are building next to my parent's house, I would be arrested for vandalism, incitement and would face periodical public beatings on my way to the bar. Poo would cover my car, my house, houses close to mine, friends of mine and viruses would pop up on my computer looking like big pieces of poo.

Someone from some Church affiliated legal group would file a brief to call it a 'hate crime' too. Then they would sue me for something or other.

Such is the way with any group who would rather externalize their religion than follow it.

As far as the IRA vs 'Muslims' debate - and Christopher Hitchens has even spoken to this in the past - there is no race to see who can be 'more brutal' in their terrorism. Terrorists are terrorists regardless of religion or geography, be they Al Queda, the IRA, or the Klan. Same Hell, different decorations.
 
Patrick,

Considering what has passed for art in this country, I wonder. But, living in the South, you might well experience you fears. In other parts of the country, probably not.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]