Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Governor of Ohio: No Iraqis Here!

At least I can say I didn't vote for Ted Strickland. I wonder if any Democrats are cognizant enough to be embarrassed by Strickland's reaction to Bush's plan to relocate 7,000 Iraqis in the U.S.
Strickland, a Democrat who opposed the war as a U.S. House member, said Ohioans cannot be expected to have open arms for Iraqis displaced by the war. More than 100 Ohioans have been killed since the war began.

"I think Ohio and Ohioans have contributed a lot to Iraq in terms of blood, sweat and too many tears," Strickland said. "I am sympathetic to the plight of the innocent Iraqi people who have fled that country. However, I would not want to ask Ohioans to accept a greater burden than they already have borne for the Bush administration's failed policies."
That's what I love so much about Democrats and the left in general, their compassion.

I wonder what is Strickland's position on illegal immigrants.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]