Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

A Brave New Toaster

For Christmas my eldest daughter and her hubby gave me a new toaster/egg cooker. I didn't know such things existed. I already had the best toaster $14.99 can buy. (It's a Consumer Reports "Best Buy.")

Not being much of a electronic person, my first thought was that the brand name was a misnomer. The brand is "Back to Basics." Somehow a computerized toaster that will simultaneously toast your bread/bagel/English muffin while cooking your egg(s) and synchronize the cooking so that all are done at the same time is not basic.
The Egg & Muffin Toaster brings you the drive-thru breakfast without the drive! Simultaneously toasts and steam poaches an egg to create one of America's favorite breakfast sandwiches in about four minutes. Meat-warming tray included and even boils up to four eggs! Wide toasting slots and a crumb tray too.
Being curious and out of a sense of obligation to my daughter, I decided to try the toaster the as soon as I remembered to buy some English muffins. The toaster is fantastic! While it may not be basic, it works as advertised.

How nice it is to be able to easily make egg muffin for a quick breakfast or snack. We use it for an afternoon or evening snack more than for breakfast. It is easy to clean, easy to use, etc. Highly recommended by DADvocate.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]