Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Politics, Politics, Ford and Kerry

In Tennessee and elsewhere, there's been a lot attention to a couple of commercials against Harold Ford, Jr. One is a radio commercial by the Bob Corker campaign in which some delusional people with auditory hallucinations believe there are "jungle drums" playing in the background whenever Ford is mentioned. There are drums but definitely not jungle drums. In fact, the same drum beat plays in the background of another Bob Corker ad in which Ford is not mentioned.

In this case Corker's opponents are trying to use racism to lure votes from Corker. I doubt the efforts will make any difference as only liberals with paranoid delusions would believe the drums are jungle drums. And they are most likely not voting Republican anyway.

The other commercial, apparently by the RNC, hits lower notes. You can see it here. Two scenes in the commercial show a young woman with bare shoulders acting as if she's coming on to Ford. As I still hear on occasion racist references to black men dating white women, I find this commercial appealing to the racist feelings of some. Additionally, this commercial ranks among one of the most pathetic I've seen even without the racist innuendo.

(Hat tip to HalfBakered.)

One reason racism continues to be a problem in this country is that Democrats and Republicans keep racism alive in order to win votes.

HOWEVER, John Kerry managed to overshadow pretty much everything by, once again, contracting foot-in-mouth disease with his comments regarding the importance of getting an education in order to stay out of Iraq. Then Kerry makes the lamest of "apologies" by trying to claim it was a joke gone bad. I think this guy is really on the Republican payroll.

How can a seasoned politician, who if he thought for two seconds would realize virtually every American has a friend or relative in the service or is a veteran, make such an ignorant remark? Because he's as stupid, arrogant and out of touch as the liberals believe Bush to be. My father served in a WWII (non-combat), my uncle was a fighter pilot in the Marines during the Vietnam era and most likely flew some combat missions, my brother served in the Navy and I have a nephew who is currently a cadet at West Point.

Kerry simply reminds us why we can't trust the Democrats to provide a strong enough military to protect us from hostile nations.

Lyrics from John Kerry's theme song:
I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

My apologies to the Bee Gees.

Comments:
We would just have to make "Clowns" singular.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]