Friday, October 06, 2006

 

Last Published Foley Thoughts

Cruising various blogs, I see much debate continue regarding the Foley fiasco. I only have a few simple thoughts considering the situation. First, Foley's a pervert and good riddance to him.

Secondly, nothing I have heard or read to this point convinces me that Democrats care a lick about this situation other than how much advantage they can gain from it in the up-coming elections. The Democrats didn't care when 46 year old Gerry Studds had actual sex with a 17 year old page. In fact, they gave him three standing ovations on the House floor. Any 46 year old man having sex with a 17 year old male or female is a pervert.

How long would a school teacher having sex with a 17 year old student keep his or her job? Studds kept his 13 years more.

And, of course, Slick Willy probably showed only the tip of the iceberg of his sexual escapades. Ted Kennedy's sexual desires led to the death of a young lady. Gary Condit's intern lover some how ended up dead.

The Republicans are not proving themselves to be of the moral/ethical standards I prefer but neither have the Democrats. The Democrats still support many issues such as abortion and gay marriage that I don't. It will take more than one foolish, perverted Republican Congressman from a district other than my own to get me to change my vote.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]