Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Frankly Scarlett, You're A Nut!!

My co-worker in the neighboring cubicle pointed out this article at CNN.com about Scarlett Johansson. Please bear in mind, as I will, that Scarlett is only 21 years old.

Regarding allegations that she is promiscuous Scarlett had this to say:
"There does seem to be a mistaken belief out there that I am sexually available somehow -- which is not to say that I'm not open-minded about sex," she continues. "Yet I wouldn't say I'm a serial monogamist, either. I mean, I went through periods of time when I was, ah, single. But when I'm in a relationship, I'm in a relationship."
I would like to see a clarification of "I went through periods of time when I was, ah, single." Sounds to me like potential, ah, promiscuity.

Scarlett's "wisdom" scares me.
"I get tested for HIV twice a year. ... One has to be socially aware," she says. "It's part of being a decent human, to be tested for STDs. It's just disgusting behavior when people don't. It's so irresponsible."
Good Lord, what are you doing, who are you having sex with, how many are you having sex with, are you drinking discarded pints from the blood bank? And we wonder why efforts to stop the spread of HIV have been unsuccessful.

Scarlett, testing only tells you what you don't want to know when it's too late. Knowing you are HIV positive will only allow you to temporarily stave off the inevitable, horrible death awaiting you. Knowing will also enable you to not spread it either, if you so choose.

My children have better brains than that. I pray they don't lose them between now and adulthood.

Comments:
"Good Lord, what are you doing, who are you having sex with, how many are you having sex with, are you drinking discarded pints from the blood bank? And we wonder why efforts to stop the spread of HIV have been unsuccessful."

You can stop at the first question. She coiuld be having sex with one and only one man absolutely, and still come up positive. Right? Her blood test also shows how monoganmous he is being too.
 
Jim - Of course, you're correct. If you have sex with someone, you're potentially sharing the diseases of everyone each of you have been to bed with.

Just seems to me that if you feel the need to have an HIV test every 6 months you need to have fewer sex partners, a different sex partner or something.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]