Monday, July 31, 2006

 

Oh, My Democratic Dog!!

One of my favorite liberal blogs to visit is knoxviews. I know who some of the people posting on it are and it helps me keep up with some of the "goings on" in my hometown area. I also gather a little insight into the liberal psyche.

For instance, one post simply contains the headline: How Conservatives Have Become Authoritarians and What it Means. He's referencing a column by criminal, ex-Nixon aide, John Dean.

The column begins, "Contemporary conservatives have become extremely contentious, confrontational, and aggressive in nearly every area of politics and governing." He goes on to call conservatives authoritarian, mean-spirited, etc. all the while calling this a new development. Hmm, seems Mr. Dean has forgotten the administration for which he worked.

The poster of this once referred to those who oppose gay marriage and abortion as "fascist Nazis" (Or was it "Nazi fascists"? Is there a difference?) At least he's not mean spirited. But he apparently forgot the old "Don't buy books from crooks" slogan.

Occasionally, I'll post a comment there under the name Crimsonnape. I began this because one of the open minded liberals, same guy as above, called me a redneck. Of course, if you're a redneck anything you think, say or do doesn't count.

If you want to review multiple cases of Bush Derangement Syndrome, this is the place to go.

Various people post on the blog and have their sub-blogs. This makes is easy and convenient for them to preach to the choir.

Today a post about a woman's dog getting run over and killed caught my eye. The post was titled "Randy Tyree's Compassion". This attracted me because Randy Tyree is a former mayor and safety director of Knoxville currently running for sheriff of Knox County. As safety director he made a big name for himself busting college students and others for possession of marijuana. He was much disliked by those of the liberal persuasion. Now, it seems he's their darling for sheriff, not that I care. Here is the story:
We had our house party for Randy Tyree today. After it was over, my mother was leaving the garage and my aged dog, Kennedy (I name all my dogs after Democrats), got under her tire. Randy was still there. My mother called me and by the time I got back to the house, he was gone.

His fur and fluids were on the driveway (My mother insisted on taking him to the vet to be sure) when we left. Randy was still there and when we got back, sans Kennedy, who is being cremated, Randy had cleaned up the drive way. I doubt Timmy would have done the same.

To Kennedy, named for a fine Democrat, overseer of my family and all around great dog. He will be missed.

And a very special THANK YOU to Randy Tyree for staying with my mother, offering comfort and cleaning up a mess I was not looking forward to cleaning up. Vote for Randy.
First, I have to wonder about someone who names all her dogs after Democrats (or Republicans for that matter). I always find it sad when someone's pet is killed. I also find it amusing how TallGirl used the opportunity to slam Randy Tyree's opponent, whom I know nothing about except that he is current Sheriff of Knox County. Maybe he busted someone for having illegal single malt Scotch.

Obviously, Randy Tyree was quite nice to help clean up the mess left by a flattened dog. I can't imagine any political candidate who had just been a guest at someone's house not doing so. It's a perfect opportunity to show your compassion. I suggest that TallGirl invite over Tim Hutchison, run over another dog and see how Tim reacts. Equal time.

In the comments, one commenter, Ralph, states, "My condolences on this sad incident. It's also sad you chose to make a political statement with the unfortunate happening."

Ralph is immediately chastised by Knoxquerious, "I have known Randy for 28 years. I am sure he did this out of the kindness of his heart, and he would probably rather not to make it a political topic. I hope you sleep well at night. "

Knoxquerious seems to miss completely that Ralph did not accuse Mr. Tyree of making a political statement but TallGirl. Of course, liberals have trouble with facts anyway. I had to follow up using my Crimsonnape name.
It is sad about your dog but Ralphie shouldn't be surprised you made a political point out of it. When someone only names their dogs after Democrats (or Republicans), obviously everything is political.

I find it amusing that the Randy Tyree so hated by the pot smoking hippies in the 70's is now garnering so much liberal support. But we all change. Hopefully for the better.
This is one thing I hate about politics. Some people, liberals and conservatives, are as immersed in it as any fundamentalist Christian. I imagine TallGirl to be one of those with whom in every conversation political references come up.

Final thought, since the dog's name was Kennedy I wonder if they administered an alcohol level blood test. It may have ran under the car due to extreme inebriation.

Maybe this is a dog tortured by a Democratic owner (PG-13 language). (Hat tip to Brannon Denning helping out at Instapundit.)

Comments:
Adorno has been so discredited that I'm surprised that Dean would actually attempt to use it as "evidence."

As an Undergrad in the mid 60's, I wrote a paper on Adorno, highly critical of the "F-Scale" (F for fascism) and even with a very highly liberal professor I got an A on the paper. Hmmm, back then even liberals knew that this was bogus research.

And congrats on the Instalanche!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]