Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

McCain's Insane

Showing his insane ideas and perspective on America seems to have become a regular feature of John McCain. On April 4, McCain expressed his disdain for the American worker. Now he has dissed the Bill of Rights.
I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government."
McCain thinks a “clean” government is more important than free speech. I’m not sure what he has in mind but I imagine that Red China and North Korea may well have a “cleaner” government than the U.S. There are certain risks that come with freedom and democracy. I'd rather take those risks than have the totalitarian system that may be necessary to have a inordinately "clean" government. Of course, the people that would be most impacted by this would be me and you, not the rich and powerful like McCain.

The D. C. Examiner argues that McCain is a good argument for term limits. While I have my doubts about the value of term limits, I can’t argue with the need to limit McCain’s term.

What really boggles my mind is that McCain is so out of touch with America, Americans and their values that he apparently has no foresight into the impact of his statements on his presidential aspirations. A person of even moderate cleverness would know to more carefully hold their tongue.

Now McCain’s statements will be heard as sound bites played by his opponents. He has committed a more grievous error than Howard Dean’s yell. He just doesn’t seem to know it yet. But that’s OK; at least he has exposed enough of himself for us to save ourselves from him.

Hat tip to Instapundit.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]