Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Basketball Star


Basketball Star, originally uploaded by born_a_vol.

Yesterday I watched my daughter play her last basketball game of the season. This has been her first year of serious basketball. From last October till now her skills and level of play has improved tremendously. Initially she was the 6th person on the team, coming off the bench when needed. Within a few games she became a starting center/forward.

Last year she played some intramural basketball at her elementary school. She immediately loved basketball and "love" is the right word. When I picked her up after her first practice, she looked up at me and said, "Daddy, I love basketball." The love story continues.

Watching her play one can tell that she is truly enjoying herself. She often smiles on the court and even laughs with joy. In one struggle for the ball my daughter fell with two girls falling on top of her, all holding on to the ball. When the referees cleared the pile my daughter came up laughing. The referees began laughing also along with almost everyone else in the gym.

I can hardly wait until next season.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]