Monday, April 10, 2006

 

9 Year Old Girl Run Over and Killed By Mother's Car

Sad, tragic story.
Georgie Hesser died shortly after the accident. Officers said Hesser fell out of the SUV, and her mother got out to help her, thinking the car was in park. But the SUV was still in gear, and rolled back over the girl.
I always make my kids were their seat belts, even when I drive across the parking lot at the mall. They are not allowed to even begin to open the car door until the car is at a complete stop. I always set the parking brake and turn off the engine when I get out of the car.

This story hit me hard because I have a 9 year old daughter. I can't imagine such a fate for her. Your child is the most precious gift you receive. Show you care by taking care.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]