Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

More Corey Maye

Instapundit and Hurricane_Radio have brought my attention back to the work that The Agitator has been doing on the Corey Maye case.

Very enlightening reading at The Agitator. There seems to be plenty of room for reasonable doubt in this case. Certainly the type of case in which the death sentence is unacceptable.

One aspect of this case that draws me in is the strong implication that law enforcement officers are not being honest. My first job after earning my B.A. was a state juvenile corrections officer. I regular sat in juvenile court in case a person was sentenced to correctional school and state custody. It appeared to me that, in juvenile court at least and in this particular jurisdiction, law enforcement officers and school officials routinely lied.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]