Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Ann Coulter Talks Too Much

At the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), February 10, Ann Coulter said this, "I think our motto should be post-9-11, 'raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences.'" Personally, I find this more offensive than the Danish editorial cartoons because the comment is blatantly racist. I support a talk softly and carry a big stick approach not racial name calling.

I realize this is part of my nature. When playing basketball in high school, I would play as hard and tough as I could get away with. I never tried to intentionally hurt someone but I wanted my opponent to think I might. I did all sorts of little things to irritate and distract my opponent. However, I rarely if ever engaged in trash talk and when my opponent made a shot or other good play, I told him so, "Good shot." or "Good play." I simply dislike name calling, especially when whomever we're calling names is not present.

Maybe with all the recent attention Ann's ego is over-inflated. Ann likes to get a reaction. This may do more harm than good. But, then, she's getting a lot more exposure than George Will who always conducts himself with dignity. Ann, if you want to improve the world, the best place to start is with yourself. It is also the one place where you can guarantee success.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]