Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Morgan Freeman on Racism

On 60 Minutes last night Morgan Freeman had this to say about ending racism: “I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man,” I agree. It's the "I don't care" solution. I don't care if you're white, I don't care if you're black, I don't care what race, nationality, etc. you are.

I especially enjoyed the exchange when Freeman asks Mike Wallace if he wanted a Jewish History month. Wallace replies, "No." Freeman says he (Freeman) doesn't want a Black History month. Plus, he doesn't want Black History relegated to one month a year.

Another good point on the Confederate flag still being part of the Mississippi state flag.

"That flag has always represented, number one, treason and, number two, a separation of white people from Jews, niggers and homosexuals. And you can't change that. You can't tell me I'm never going to be able to look at that flag and think, ‘Ah, it's my heritage, my, you know...’ Never,” says Freeman.


Freeman is a native of Mississippi and his primary residence is still in Mississippi.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]