Thursday, October 27, 2005
Read this at CNN.com the other day:
"We've lived here 37 years and we've never had a hurricane like this," Broward County resident Paul Kramer, 71, told The Associated Press. "We didn't expect this. This one got our attention."Wow! After 37 years in Florida, Katrina, Rita and other hurricanes earlier this year, these people were surprised by a hurricane that was so slow moving that they had about a weeks notice that it was coming. Talk about slow learners.
Just to help the few of you who ever read this blog please note:
- California is prone to earthquakes, especially along the San Andreas fault line.
- Nearly the entire east coast and Gulf coast is subject to hurricanes.
- The further north you go and at the higher altitudes, especially in winter, large amounts of snow may fall.
- Rip currents along beaches will pull you out to sea and increase the chances of you drowning.
- Rapid currents in rivers and streams may cause you to drown.
- Wild animals are not like the cartoon characters you see in Disney movies. Many of the big ones (lions, tigers, and bears, oh no) will kill you.
- Smoking tobacco products causes lung cancer and heart disease
- Eating lots of burgers, french fries, etc. will raise your cholesterol.
- Hot coffee will burn you.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]