Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

Political Compass

Interesting little self quiz you can take at politicalcompass.org.

The few persons who have visited my blog may be surprised that I came out a little to the left economically. A better indication of the source of many of my views is the Social Libertarian/Authoritarian score. My score is more anti-authoritarian than Ghandi.

To me, this makes perfect sense of my views concerning some of the issues regarding the Boy Scouts, Christianity, etc. I see the lefties (ACLU and many others) as taking an authoritarian approach in attempting to force these groups to conform to their (ACLU, etc.) interpretation of how the world should be. While the Boy Scouts, Christians, atheist, Frisbeetarians, may not be right, forcing them to conform is not always right either. Historical authoritarian figures include Stalin, Hitler and Margaret Thatcher according to politicalcompass.org.

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69

BTW - a Frisbeetarian is someone who believes the when you die your soul goes up and lies on the roof like a Frisbee.

Comments:
Hmm. Neat survey.

Economic = -2.13
Social = -2.21
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]