Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Just Not Right

Christian school expels a girl because her parents are gay.

Jesus himself consorted with and recruited prostitutes and other social outcasts into his flock. The school has lost an opportunity to show a child the loving, caring, brave side of Christianity instead of the side that rejects and shuns all that scares them.

'No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place' - Zen proverb

Matthew 25:40 - And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

As I remember in my readings, Jesus didn't reject people. He drove the merchants out of the temple and often rubbed it in the faces of the Pharisees. But he always accepted anyone who came to him.

Somewhere, my understanding and the understanding of those that run this school took different forks in the road. If your faith and belief are strong enough, the presence of a child whose parents are gay would not be a threat.

The fact that this girls parents wanted to send her to a Christian school and decided to take no action when the girl was rejected gives me great respect for them.

Towards the end of the article there is another case where a lesbian girl insists on kissing her girlfriend on school grounds. When I was in high school holding hands, kissng, etc. was not allowed. I say this should be the rule in school regardless of sexual orientation.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]